Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm a grown up now.

So this is my first ever blog. I'm not much of a writer so bear with me please!
As of a few weeks ago, due to circumstances at my mind numbing day job, I decided that I need to get the hell outta there and start my art career.
I don't like the word career, it scares the shit out of me. Cause it means that maybe I'm gonna do this forever....and what if I get sick of it? Well at this point I'm willing to risk it. Working in a soul sucking retail environment where all I do is convince people to buy things they don't need is wearing on me.
I've made my first ever grown up decision. When I was asked as a kid what I wanted to be, I knew it was an artist but I just have never been able to commit to it....until now!! So I feel very proud of myself. Heheheheh :P
Normally I feel indifferent to blogs and other social networking sites. But recently all these things have changed for me, I realize that they are great for meeting new and like minded individuals. I like having art friends. Well....I like having art friends that I don't have to physically socialize with since I'm basically a shut in.

Soooo.....my first hurdle is getting an art resume and statement done so I can submit to a call for entry for a solo show. This one is very proper.....EEEK!!!! I have had a solo show before but there was no need for all that jazz. I'm not worried about doing it and making it sound good, I'm worried about the fact that I'm the worlds best procrastinator. For example...I started a blog!Since when does Amber write you ask?? Amber writes when she knows that there are more important things to do! hahaha!

Ok so there you go. Short and sweet. If you continue to follow me you will have the pleasure of hearing all kinds of rants and ravings.

Bye for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment