Monday, July 26, 2010

Really this one is about Art....I promise!


(this is not the finished piece but it pretty much looks like this!)



My skateboard is done! Well for the moment. I know every artist has those urges after the piece is complete to fix it or touch it up....which really means it's not done. It will never be done. I just have to accept and learn when to stop. I've learned this the hard way by working on something so much that I ended up ruining it. But sometimes you gotta learn the hard way! I used acrylics on the board...dollar store ones to be exact! hahaha. I had to give it a light sanding before I did my outline cause it was a bit too shiny to draw on with pencil. I haven't varnished it and I don't think I will, only cause my apt is tiny and varnish stinks.....soooo yeah, I would love to varnish it at some point but part of me is always afraid it will change the look of it and I kind of dig the matte look. I'm actually really relieved that the skateboard is done. I haven't had much time lately and I've got a few projects on the go. I find it really hard to divide my time and give each project enough attention.I have a really bad habit of biting off way more than I can chew. I have a hard time saying no to people when it comes to something artistic. I really want to be involved with different organizations and such but what ends up happening is that I can't follow through. There just isn't enough time in the day for me. Working five days a week makes it super difficult to be creative. The one thing that really sucks is that on atleast one of my days off a week I end up painting all day and the other one I end up doing cleaning and other household chores so I never get to hang out with my boyfriend :(
But anyhow I'm not gonna whine too much....I'm hoping that all this work I'm doing will at some point pay off and I will have the luxury of spending my time how I would like! Dream on right!? hahaha
Well now that the skateboard can be crossed of my list I can focus on finishing my latest pencil crayon drawing and starting the two commissions that I've been procrastinating on. Of course I also need to do a few more pencil crayon drawings just in case I do get chosen to do a solo art show at the Gallery on 4.
Oh man the list just keeps going on and on.......but I don't mind. I really want to do something with my art. I need to.

2 comments:

  1. kick ass board Amber!!! Looks awesome!!!! Oh and you will do something with your art you are too talented not too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much! I really appreciate it! :D

    ReplyDelete