Monday, July 12, 2010

Thursday hurry up and get here!!!

So I'm super duper excited about next pay because it's almost like a freebie....well not really since I actually worked for it! July we get paid 3 times so this one I can buy stuff I've wanted for a while and pay some extra money on my credit cards (eek!) I already have my list of stuff that I'm going to buy. I'm such a nerd cause they are all books! Books that I've wanted for a while now but haven't been able to afford it. I also like to think that these are books that will help to inspire and motivate me to do more with my artwork (atleast that's what I tell myself!)
Here's the first book....Francesca Woodman, her photography is fucking brilliant. I'm so happy to have discovered her!
http://www.amazon.com/Francesca-Woodman-Chris-Townsend/dp/0714844306/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Here's the next one...Jenny Saville. Seriously what can I say. She's a modern day master....absolutely fucking brilliant in every way. I want to be her!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jenny-Saville-Simon-Schama/dp/0847827577

And this is the awesome book that pretty much tells you everything about the art world and how to make a living from it. It's like the bible for artists!
http://www.amazon.com/How-Survive-Prosper-Artist-5th/dp/0805068007

I am going to order them on Thursday and I can't wait to get them!!! I will add them to my awesome collection of art books....which are all still at my mums :(
I really miss all my stuff. I know people think I'm a pack rat and I have too much stuff but it's all stuff I love so much. I love to have stuff surrounding me, it inspires me to make art. Chaos works well for me creatively. I think having an empty apartment with not much in it is like hell to me. Right now in this apartment I don't have much of my stuff at all....I mean I make do but when I want to look at a certain book to maybe get some inspiration I can't because it's not here. It bothers me alot.
When I look at photos of my old apartment it makes me so sad. It was decorated exactly how I liked it, I always had something to look at....each thing had it's own little story or memory. *sigh*
I'm hoping that in the very near future we will be moving. Hopefully somewhere that will feel like an actual home and not just some place that feels like a pit stop on the road to a real life. This past year has been a constant struggle, this is definitely not the place for us to live. There's nothing remotely redeeming about it, and I regret ever moving here. But I guess it's pointless thinking about it, all I can do is keep looking for somewhere else to live. Now when I look for somewhere else to live I will make sure of many things. I will not live in a highrise, or even a three story walk up. I will only live in a house that has a maximum of 2 or 3 tenants. What I really want is to live in my own house. I've just had it with living in a building with other people. No more.
Soooo anyhow. I gotta go paint some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment