Monday, June 7, 2010

WAAHHH I need a Ss..ss....sstudio




Well I picked up my skateboard today for the show coming up. I'm pretty excited to be a part of it. I've never painted on a skateboard before so we'll see how it goes.

I feel like I have so many art projects on the go right now and I don't know where to start. I'm trying to finish my series of pencil crayon drawings and also work on a new series of paintings. Also my little side project of crossword drawings....they are mostly just for fun but I love doing them. I'm not sure if it's better for me to concentrate on one project at a time or to work on them all at once. I guess it doesn't really matter, that's just how I work. I have a short attention span when it comes to focusing on my art,I think I need a bunch of different things available to me so when I'm bored of one I can work on another.

I really wish I had a studio. I just have this feeling that I probably won't ever have a proper one. It really sucks to be stuck at a little desk with all your stuff crammed onto it that constantly fall off. I'd say the space I get to work with is about 2 ft by 4 ft. Meaning it's fucking TINY! most of the time I have my work sitting on my lap and my supplies on my desk.
Sometimes it really gets on my nerves but I really should be used to it since that's pretty much how I've worked my whole life.
Maybe a studio would be too overwhelming for me.....hahaha. Maybe being squashed into a little space is what helps my creativity.
I can't deny that I'm extremely jealous of anyone with a studio though. I feel like I deserve one. Maybe one day! I have hope.

In the last six months that I've lived at this apartment I think I've done some of my best paintings. So maybe all the hell and stress I've been through has helped me with that. I guess that might explain the darkness that seems to be coming out in my artwork. Though I would give anything to have some degree of normalcy at the moment.
Being continuously stressed might be helping my art right now but in the long run it's not doing much good for my health.

My goals for the rest of this year are to move, first and foremost. Get an art show. Get my stupid feet fixed. Hopefully start making enough money off my art to quit my stupid job!! hahahaha.....ok well that's a little far fetched but maybe in time it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment