Sunday, June 13, 2010

I did it!

Well I'm proud to say that I have finished my artist statement and resume. In all honestly I never thought that I'd come to the point in my life where I would feel like it was worth my while to get into the art scene. Now more than ever I feel like it's my time to really work hard to get myself out there. I've been told all my life that I should be doing something with my art, but you know what.... I never felt ready until now. Some people get a late start and I'm fine with that. I'm a late bloomer as they say.
Now the next step is to submit my artwork to an art gallery.....or more than one, because I highly doubt that the first go is gonna land me a gallery. Who knows how long it might take me to get representation but I'm gonna do my best. In the mean time I will try to have as many shows as I can and work like crazy on my art.
There's so much stuff that I want to do and I'm really excited to get things going. I know the first step is that I'm going to have to do some more socializing and schmoozing. That's tough being that I'm basically a shut in. That means going out to James St. Art Crawls and meeting people. That freaks me out!! I'm definitely socially awkward and always either end up hanging around the outskirts of the action or looking like a total bitch. I need someone to hold my hand and drag me out! hahaha!
This weeks goal is to finish the pencil crayon drawing I have been working on. I need to decide what I will paint on my skateboard for the show, then draw the outline atleast. I think that I should also probably do a cover letter for my resume....but I don't think at this point its absolutely necessary. Hmmmmm what else? well there are a million more things but I think these are the most important at the moment.
Tomorrow is the first of my two days off. I just worked six days in a row so I'm really happy to be able to have some time to really sit down and concentrate on my art. Now I'm just trying to think of what else is on my list that I can do tonight! No rest for the wicked!!!!

1 comment: